Fri, Sep 29|
Tuscarora Scout Reservation
Time & Location
Sep 29, 4:10 PM – Oct 01, 12:00 PM
Tuscarora Scout Reservation, 205 Summit Lake Rd A, Windsor, NY 13865, USA
About the Event
Troop 97 is performing a repeat of last year’s fun fall camping experience at the BSA camp named Camp Tuscarora in Windsor, NY, in the southern tier ---- 2.5 hours from beautiful New City.
We have rented out a section of camp with the following accommodations:
- 4, 8-person lean-to's,
- 1, 4-person lean-to’s
- Lodge with 16-person capacity (bunks)
- limited tent space
Weekend Activities Will Include:
- Opportunity to Work on Cooking Requirements*
- Lake Fishing – Worms and bobbers. There's some pretty good-sized fish in the lake. Bass, Perch, Sunnies, Bullhead, Bluegill.
- There may be the opportunity to work on the Fly Fishing MB if we have enough interest, so please be sure to express interest while registering if this is something you would be interestedin.
- Gaga Ball Tournament
- Various games **
- Campfire Program ***
- Opportunity to work on requirements with older scouts and adult leaders
*Patrols will be preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on
Sunday. This presents an opportunity for scouts who need to fulfill cooking requirements.
Please reach out to Mr. Rogers as soon as you can to take advantage of this opportunity.
** Outside of gaga ball, bring supplies your favorite game and share your passion with the Troop : Chess, Football, Frisbee, whatever you love!
*** - If you want to work on your communications Merit Badge, please let Mr Grosso know and you can be the MC for the campfire program.
We will meet at the Germond’s Church parking lot and will do our best to arrange carpooling. Please bring money for dinner Friday as we will stop on our drive to the camp.
Please text Mr. Grosso with all questions – 914.548.6904
Equipment / Gear Required:
Patrol Boxes, Fall Camping Gear, Hiking Boots, Camping Chair, Water Bottle, Mess Kits, Fishing gear (optional). Bring your favorite sports ball or game.
Special Notes / Handling
Bring money for dinner Friday as we will stop along the way to camp
Fall Camping and Fish '23