Time & Location
Nov 03, 2023, 6:30 PM – Nov 05, 2023, 9:30 AM
Camp Bullowa, 15 Franck Rd, Stony Point, NY 10980, USA
About the Event
Webelos Weekend is one of our most important recruiting events of the year and we need strong attendance and participation to show our guests why everyone says that Troop 97 is the best Troop in the area!!!
This event is a weekend event, where we will be hosting WEBELOS and non-scout guests, interested in scouting to enjoy a camping trip in the life of Troop 97 as they consider what Troop they want to cross over to.
Scouts should be dropped off at the Paul Bunyan Parking at 6:30pm Friday night. Friday night the scouts have a choice of sleeping in tents or in Paden Cabin. Saturday night will be all tent camping as the cabin will be used by the Webelos Scouts and guests. Tents provided by the troop. Pick up will be Sunday at 9:30 AM sharp at the Paul Bunyan Parking lot.
● Friday night choice of cabin or tent camping
● Patrol Cooking – Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and Sunday breakfast
● Saturday Activities – Flag ceremony, Knife demonstration + whittling station, fire starting and safety demonstration, games, AOL requirements, etc… all to be finalized as we get closer to date.
● Saturday Night Dinner – Camp Fire Program
● Saturday Night Tent Camping for BSA scouts, WEBELOS and quests will be in the cabin
● Sunday morning breakfast, clean up and dismissal
Rank Requirement Opportunities
● Tenderfoot = Demonstrate how to display, raise, lower, and fold the U.S. flag
● One of the First-Class Leadership requirements is to invite a non-scout to an event such as this one to acquaint them with scouting. Please email Mr Grosso with any non-scout guests you will be bringing.
● Cooking opportunities – every junior rank has cooking opportunities that can be fulfilled on this trip as well as potential cooking Merit Badge. You must email Mr Rogers if you are interested in fulfilling one of these requirements.
● Communications Merit Badge – Evan Roth as already taken the opportunity to be MC for the campfire program
● Other - As we get closer to the event we will discuss other requirements we can help with based off what scouts need.
Equipment / Gear Required:
Class B tee shirts, sweatshirts and scout pants. Patrol Boxes and Patrol Flags and proper clothing for daytime and camping for this time of year. Scout Handbook
Mr. Grosso 914.548.6904 & Mr. Kersteins 845.828.6235
Webelos Weekend '23$38.00Sale ended