Fri, Nov 04|
Webelos Weekend (T97 attendees only)
Time & Location
Nov 04, 2022, 6:30 PM EDT – Nov 06, 2022, 9:30 AM EST
Camp Bullowa, 15 Franck Rd, Stony Point, NY 10980, USA
About the Event
If you are NOT a member of Troop 97, please go here!
Webelos Weekend is one of our most important recruiting events of the year and we need strong attendance and participation to show our guests why everyone says that Troop 97 is the best Troop in the area!!!
This event is a weekend event, where we will be hosting WEBELOS and non-scout guests, interested in scouting to enjoy a camping trip in the life of Troop 97 as they consider what Troop they want to cross over to.
Scouts should be dropped off at the Paul Bunyan Parking at 6:30pm Friday night. Friday night the scouts have a choice of sleeping in tents or in Paden Cabin. Saturday night will be all tent camping as the cabin will used by the Webelos Scouts and guests. Tents provided by the troop. Pick up will be Sunday at 9:30 AM sharp at the Paul Bunyan Parking lot.
· Friday night choice of cabin or tent camping
· Patrol Cooking – Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and Sunday breakfast
· Saturday Activities – Flag ceremony, Knife demonstration + whittling station, fire starting and safety demonstration, games, AOL requirements, etc…
· Saturday Night Dinner – Camp Fire Program
- Saturday Night Tent Camping for BSA scouts, WEBELOS and quests will be in the cabin
- Sunday morning breakfast, clean up and dismissal
Rank Requirement Opportunities
· One of the First-Class Leadership requirements is to invite a non-scout to an event such as this one to acquaint them with scouting
· Cooking opportunities – every junior rank has cooking opportunities that can be fulfilled on this trip as well as potential cooking Merit Badge. You must email Mr Devita if you are interested in fulfilling one of these requirements.
· Communications Merit Badge – We will need an MC for the campfire program which helps fulfill a portion of this Merit Badge. If interested email or text Mr Grosso
Equipment / Gear Required
Class B tee shirts, sweatshirts and scout pants. Patrol Boxes and Patrol Flags and proper clothing for daytime and camping for this time of year. Scout Handbook
Mr. Grosso 914.548.6904 & Mr. Gonzalez 845.893.4902
'22 Webelos Weekend